Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lewis Hamilton - 2008 season will be easier!


Contrast: Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton expects to have an easier time fighting for the Formula One title this season than in his extraordinary 2007 rookie year.

“Perhaps there is more pressure but I feel there is less,“ the 23-year-old told British reporters during a training workout in the gym at McLaren’s Wokingfactory, 90km south-west of London yesterday.

“Last year I had so much to prove. There was the press asking ‘can he do it or not?’ I’m sure even people in the team were wondering. I was quick in testing but racing is a different thing. People wait for you to fail.

“I think this year is slightly easier. People know how well I can drive. I’m not going into an unknown world.

“I don’t have any doubts that I will do a job this year but that means somethingdifferent now. It means I want to win the world championship.

“Last year Ferrari were ahead by maybe three or four tenths of a second,“he said. “They have a very good car again but now we are in equal cars.

“I thought it was strange that they were not at some of the tests with the other teams and I think Barcelona is a very accurate measure. It will be a lot closer than last time.“ – Reuters
Source: The Sun - 05 March 2008

No comments: