Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Malaysian GP Promotion Event




Some photos taken on one of the F1 promotion event in Malaysia. Air Asia, official sponsor for Team Williams were also there. Purchase a Williams' cap and you get to drive the F1 simulator...




There was the competition which giving away tickets, but the rule is you must hold an actual F1 wheel for 2 minutes. Two grandstand tickets will be given to the person that able to do so...

I was there and I was thinking, how often would be able to feel and hold the F1 wheel? If I can do it, I win tickets, otherwise nothing to lose..


Honestly, I was quite confident on myself. "Most probably I can do it...", I keep telling myself.




And that was what happen, I only lasted for 50 seconds... But I've learned something, the F1 wheel is really really light, it weights less than 3KG, according to the host of the show...


After awhile, there was a senior citizen entered the contest, and the crowd goes wild (by the way, he is 60 years old).





The host promised to give him a ticket if he able to hold it for 1 minute...






At the end he failed, 50 seconds was his time (same as mine, what a shame!), but the host (in red) gave him a hill stand ticket, for his participation..

2 comments:

Shifting Sands said...

nice gesture by the host in the end,, really cool story friend! you did good I guess, I would have only lasted 30 seconds..

Jason Liu said...

Haha, it is a good experience.. and they organizer given me a car sticker and a large poster as well both from Petronas...